Chief Officer ( Licensing Authority )
Building Safety Unit
Fire Safety, Enforcement and Prosecution Unit
Fire Safety Team
- Formulating fire safety requirements relating to the licensing of hotels and guesthouses, bedspace apartments and karaoke establishments, and certification of clubs.
- Carrying out inspections and ensuring that the premises have met the required fire safety standards before issue of a licence/permit/certificate of compliance.
- Monitoring the fire safety standard of hotels and guesthouses, bedspace apartments, karaoke establishments and clubs issued with a licence/permit/certificate of compliance.
- Investigating within the pledge period on complaints in connection with unlicensed hotels, guesthouses, clubhouses, bedspace apartments, karaoke establishments and licensed premises operating in contravention of licensing conditions, and take appropriate actions.
- Co-ordinating and participating in blitz operations with other departments in order to take enforcement actions against unlicensed premises.
- Prosecuting operators / managers / keepers of unlicensed hotels, guesthouses, clubhouses, bedspace apartments, karaoke establishments and licence holders / operators / managers of licensed premises operating in contravention of licensing conditions.
Entertainment Licensing, Information Technology and Administration Unit
Entertainment Licensing Team
- Issuing amusement game centre licences, amusements with prizes licences, lottery licences, mahjong/tin kau licences, public dance hall licences, tombola licences and trade promotion competition licences.
Information Technology Team
- Providing information technology management and advisory support to the Office of the Licensing Authority.
- Providing administrative support on licensing of hotels, guesthouses, bedspace apartments, karaoke establishments and clubs.
- Providing personnel, financial and general administrative support services to the Office of the Licensing Authority.
Advisory Panel Unit